Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tantrums? No she would never... okay there she goes

I knew the day would come eventually. The day every parent dreads as he/she peers at the struggling parent with the screaming toddler at the grocery store. You kind of have this awkward "I feel bad for you, wish I could help" look on your face as you just pass by and exit the situation as quickly as possible. Well this past week I decided we would venture out to the Denton Mall to look at the costume shop. I am planning a Barney birthday party for Samantha and they have a Barney costume you can rent. She seemed fine in her stroller as long as she was holding on to my car keys, a new obsession for her. She started to get fussy so we went to walk around and I thought she would have fun in the play place. So, I took her out of her stroller when we got there and told her I needed to hold the keys if she wanted to go play. I could just see Sam accidentally poking a child and potentially having a lawsuit on our hands. Extreme? You would be surprised. Anyways, after I asked her for the keys, her whole life seemed to end in that moment. Screaming, kicking, crying, rolling on the floor. You name it, she did it. This grandpa looked at me like, "Gees what did you do? Can't you control your kid?" Ugh whatever. His little grandson just barely started to walk and was still a pleasant little angel and I just thought to myself, "Just you wait..". Then Sam decided she wanted nothing to do with the play area and ran as fast as she could out in to the mall. She has gotten so fast! Well as you might have guessed, that was the end of that venture out. Its kind of funny I get these parenting emails and it forewarned me about tantrums that week. Well at least I know she is right on track lol. Yay for 21 months..!

4 comments:

  1. whewwwwww that was intense! i'm scared for when everton reaches that age! good luck for future outings girl! and yeah i'm sure that grandpa will have no clue what's to come of his sweet little grandson. and that he totally forgot what it's like with little toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you poor thing! :) yay to look on the bright side though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Like her Daddy at that age! She gets to give that to Daddy next time!

    ReplyDelete