Friday, August 26, 2011

Beating the Summer Texas Heat, inside and out


So last night, the air conditioning decided to go out. This is not the first time this has happened this summer but being extra hot these days it got the best of me... especially last night trying to get Sam to fall asleep in a room running about 88 degrees. Ugh! It was pretty miserable! Then, all day it was out but luckily it has been fixed so tonight will be a much better night. Being in the hot house led me to think about the little boy that died this past week while staying in his house that had no air conditioning. An update on the case said the boy was extremely dehydrated also and had not had water for at least 5 days. I can't believe how ignorant parents can be. I also can't get over how many cases this summer there have been of children being left in cars and passing away from the heat. This summer has definitely been brutal. On a lighter note, I think Sam has learned what A, B, and C look like and the colors red, green, and blue! I guess we will find out tomorrow if the information stuck! I bought her ABC magnet letters for the fridge and she takes a few off and runs away with them. I say, "Sam bring those back to the fridge, what letters do you have?!" and she responds with a mischievous giggle and puts them behind her back. Eh, at least she is having fun with them.Sammi has also started to show a strong interest in potty training but has not quite grasped the concept. She points to her diaper and says, "OOOOH!!!" Then she runs to the potty, I help her pull down her pants and she pushes as hard as she can! Nothing comes out. Then i look at her pull-up and wups there it all is. I'm sure she will get it soon enough. Well, until next time! Have a good night!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha! sam is soo cute! I can't wait to see her when i come home:) oh, and did you guys get a house?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we are in the process of closing on a house in The Colony! But as of right now we are still living with my mom and Bob. Sam is a ball full of energy! lol

    ReplyDelete