Monday, August 29, 2011

Our Future Home!


You never realize how much work goes in to buying a home until you are buying one. When I first walked in to this house i thought to myself, "This is definitely going need some work." But Sean really loved the place and I knew it could be beautiful if we put some work in to it. It is a HUD home and the previous owners trashed the place pretty bad. It needs new carpet, paint, new doors for every room, and other important but small things. So much paperwork and signatures go in to buying a house! Its nuts! We won the bid on the house and we got a 203k loan which allows you to add on repairs to your loan which is nice since we got the house for a great price! I remember saying my senior year of high school that I never wanted to live in The Colony again!!! Well, here we are about to buy a house in good 'ol TC. Now that I am grown up, well as much as I want to be, I realize that The Colony was actually a really nice place to live. Its a good location, its a decent size town that has the small town feel, and its nice how there seems to always be something going on in the community. So after its all said and done, we should be closing on the house by October 1st! Then most likely move in closer to November after the repairs are done! So we can have our first official Christmas at our house! I'm excited! I LOVE decorating and my brain is flooded with ideas! I plan on making Samantha's room a Yo Gabba Gabba theme and I should have her quilt done by at least Christmas. I'm not by any means a seamstress but I really wanted to make her a nice quilt since they are hard to find. Its kind of sad that she is not as interested in Yo Gabba Gabba as she used to be, she is more of a Barney girl now. Oh well, I know she will still love it! And there is always the next kid lol. Well I'll keep you updated with our house!

7 comments:

  1. Thats a cute house!!!!! Im soooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It really is a cute house. I can't imagine how someone could trash all of the doors inside of a house. I wouldn't know where to start even if I wanted to! Crazy. Can't wait to see it at Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Congratulations! What an exciting step in your life! I'm so excited I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to move in.. house is gonna look pimp! Say goodbye to the dead tree out front :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^^was that sean? and omg you'll be so close to lyenne and mommy! i'm so excited for christmas!!! i'll actually be home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know!!! Its going to be fun this Christmas! When do you get back? Sam's Birthday is December 10th and I'm trying to decide what day to have the party. Jimmy is going to be Barney! We are renting a costume!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And yes that was Sean and the last comment was me! lol

    ReplyDelete